Rivers of Life Ministries Ltd recognizes the importance of safeguarding your personal data and processing such personal data in a fair and lawful manner.
We have various ministry arms, including but not limited to Jesus My King Church, King’s College of Prophets, School of Worship, Warrior’s Training Camp, and in the course of carrying on operations and functions of each ministry and to provide services and/or products as requested for by you or in connection with ministry to you, we collect your personal data through various means, including but not limited to the filling of forms, receiving your queries via email, SMS, telephone, photography and video recordings.
I. Adoption of Policy
In compliance with the Singapore’s data protection laws, we have adopted this data protection policy (the “Policy”). We will review the effectiveness of this Policy from time to time, and may amend this Policy in our sole and absolute discretion.
We will only collect NRIC numbers if required by law or governmental authorities, or if we require this to accurately establish or verify the identity of an individual to a high degree of fidelity. In this regard, we will continue to collect and use NRIC numbers for the following purposes:
- Church membership and baptism;
- King’s College of Prophets and School of Worship registration, transcripts and graduation certificates;
II. Types of Personal Data We Collect
Personal data means data or data sets from which an individual can be identified. Typically, personal data which we may collect would include but is not limited to:
- Date of birth, gender and marital status,
- Email, Mobile, residential or office telephone numbers;
- Residential address
- Financial information such as bank account;
- Photographs, audio/video images (including captured on CCTV);
- IP address.
III. Protecting Your Personal Data
We will take all reasonable efforts to implement measures to protect your personal data in our possession from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks.
IV. Purposes of Collecting, Using and/or Disclosing Your Personal Data
We collect, use and/or disclose personal data for reasonable and lawful purpose(s), which include any or all of the following purposes:
(1) To organize and carry out church and ministry events, activities and functions;
(2) For administrative, accounting and legal purposes;
(3) For relationship management;
(4) To provide you with regular updates and information on our events, activities and functions, through various modes such as e-mail updates, publications, SMS updates;
(5) For internal record-keeping purposes;
(6) For security purposes;
(7) To comply with applicable laws, regulations, directives and guidelines;
(8) For tithing or donations, or making gifts;
(9) For employment or volunteer purposes;
(10) For such other purpose as may be notified to you.
By voluntarily providing us with your personal data, you are deemed to have consented to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us for any and/or all of the abovementioned purposes.
If you provide us with personal information belonging to others (such as information of your family members and friends), you represent and warrant that you have obtained their consent to provide us with such personal data for the abovementioned purposes.
VI. Disclosure of Your Personal Data
For the abovementioned purposes, where applicable, we may disclose your personal data to the following persons:
(1) Our staff and volunteers;
(2) Any agents, contractors and/or third party service providers who provide services to us, and who have a need to know such personal information in order to render the services to us;
(3) Our professional advisers including lawyers and auditors;
(4) The relevant governmental bodies and authorities, and statutory boards;
(5) All persons whom you have provided consent (whether actual, implied or deemed) for us to disclose your personal data to within or outside Singapore, for example for church camps, retreats or mission trips.
VII. Withdrawal of Consent
If you wish to withdraw consent for us to collect, use and/or disclose your data, you can submit your withdrawal request in writing to our Data Protection Officer. We shall cease to process your personal data within 21 working days upon receiving your request.
There may be consequences of withdrawal of consent, which we will notify you of. One such consequence is that we will not be able to provide you with various updates on our ministries and events and other related matters.
VIII. Access and Correction Requests
If you wish to access your personal data that is held by us, or if there are any changes to your personal data, you can submit such requests in writing to our Data Protection Officer. We will use best efforts to respond to your request within thirty (30) days from the date on which we receive your request.
We require your cooperation and assistance to enable us to maintain updated and accurate records of your personal data, failing which, we may not be able to provide you with information, updates and/or services in connection with the abovementioned purposes.
IX. Data Protection Officer
If you have any queries on this Policy or require assistance on any matter relating to your personal data, please contact us at:
Data Protection Officer
Rivers of Life Ministries Ltd
No. 77 Geylang Lorong 19,
#05-00 Wing Yip Building
Tel: +65 6396 8116